Design Center Pittsburgh is an NCARB approved community-based design center
Design Center Pittsburgh is certified as one of six Community Based Design Centers in Pennsylvania through NCARB (National Council of Architecture Registration Boards). This means that non-licensed architecture professionals looking to sit for the AREs (Architecture Registration Exams) can now earn AXP hours by volunteering or collaborating with Design Center Pittsburgh, where we work to leverage design and planning as a tool for positive social change.
As an employee with Design Center Pittsburgh you can earn AXP hours under the O setting. You can earn up to 1,860 hours with us in all experience areas doing:
- Community outreach and civic engagement.
- Project site visits and design deliverables.
- Placemaking strategies for community projects.
- Research local urban policy and its impact.
As a volunteer with Design Center Pittsburgh you can earn AXP hours under the O setting. You can earn up to 320 hours with us in all experience areas by:
- Collecting data on building conditions.
- Joining a design team in Design Fund projects.
- Participating in Design Review Committees.
Look for future opportunities for volunteers to work with us!