The Design Center has launched a new education and advocacy initiative—Design Allies—to enhance the design literacy and public engagement of our region. Design Allies joins the Design Fund and Design Consults as the three core programs of the Design Center.
Our plan for Design Allies is to ignite public dialogue and engage through the use of new media such as Facebook, Twitter, and blogs, as well as through events such as guest lectures, film screenings, community meetings, and charrettes. We previewed Design Allies to a capacity crowd at the August Wilson Center for the Mindy Fullilove lecture, The Meaning of Things: Pittsburgh’s 21st Century Triumph Over 20th Century Urban Renewal. If you were in the audience on June 18th, you witnessed the impact we can achieve by continuing the conversation.
The Design Center invites you to be a voice for good planning and design and join us to further the goals we share.
- Become a Facebook Fan of Design Allies
- Comment on and share articles and information posted on the Design Allies Facebook page.
- You can reply, favorite, or reTweet Design Allies on Twitter
- Participate in our upcoming events to engage in a conversation about design and planning issues
- Attend public meetings and public hearings in your area to make your voice heard regarding design and planning issues
- Consider getting involved in your local community group
- Invite your colleagues, friends, and clients to participate with Design Allies, too.