Frequently Asked Questions
What is Design Fund?
Design Fund is a grant and technical assistance program to aid community based organizations purchase and effectively use professional architecture and planning services.
How much can we request?
You can request up to $75,000 in pre-development funding.
Can I as an individual get a grant to help my community?
No, we only offer grants to community based organizations that are registered non-profits. We can however give you direction or advice on your project.
How do I apply for a grant?
- Review the Design Fund Program Description to determine if your project is eligible
- Contact Chris Koch, Director of Programs or Thor Erickson, Community Programs Manger to discuss your project prior to completing the application
- Download the Inquiry Form. Save as (the name of your organization)_designfund.doc and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a site visit with Chris Koch and/or Thor Erickson
- Download application form and submit it with all attachments as 1 pdf via email to email@example.com
For more information or technical assistance with Design Fund please contact Thor Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-391-4144
When are funding cycles?
This varies on the amount of funding per year. This year we will have disbursements in October and March of 2013.
Who should I contact for more information?